Home » Services » Available Services
The following are a list of emergency and non-emergency medical transportation services we offer. For more information on each of our services click on each service and read about each form of care we provide.
Emergency Response Services
- 911 Emergency Response
- Dialing 9-1-1 will connect you to a dispatcher at your county 9-1-1 center, whom then dispatches Suburban EMS for an appropriate and immediate response service in our pre-defined coverage area. Suburban EMS has an assortment of emergency response vehicles, permitting Suburban to send the most appropriate level of transportation due to the severity of the call.
- Basic Life Support
- A BLS ambulance has a minimum of at least two of our certified EMT’s. This ambulance is designed for pre-hospital medical response and inter-facility transportation, for an injured or ill patient. EMT’s are allowed to perform basic and intermediate airway procedures, use AED’s (Automated External Defibrillator), administer oxygen, stabilization, perform external procedures and aid for general trauma. The crew members will also try to obtain information in regards to medical history and personal information, and provide transportation to the hospital or medical facility.
- Advance Life Support
- An ALS ambulance has a minimum of one paramedic and one EMT. This ambulance responds to patients in a more critical condition and requires advanced medical and trauma procedures. Paramedics are trained to handle both BLS and ALS transports. EMT’s can help respond to an ALS call but are limited in advanced procedures. Paramedics are allowed to establish an IV, administer specialized medication, chest decompression, tracheal intubations, perform injections required to aid in the treatment of the patient before and or during the transport to the emergency facility. The crew members will also try to obtain information in regards to medical history and personal information to order to prep the emergency room physician, so treatment can start immediately upon arrival.
Non Emergency Services
- Wheelchair Van Transportation
- A Wheelchair Van Transport is operated by our paratransit crew, to provide easy, safe, and comfortable transportation for wheelchair bound patients from one facility to another for any reason. This service is provided at a minimal cost, for transporting patients to and from their residence, nursing home facility, physician’s office, clinic or hospital in the Lehigh Valley Area. (We do not provide long distance transportation with the vans.) You can schedule a transfer for a patient, with Suburban’s dispatchers to provide service from home, facilities, hospitals and rehab centers at 610-253-0760
- Stretcher Transportations
- A medical transport is when an ambulance crew transports a patient from one facility to another who needs assistance getting to an appointment or long-term or acute care facility. These transports require either a basic or advanced medical care, in order for a patient to ride safely to a planned facility. See Basic Life Support or Advance Life Support to read about what these services entail.
- Strike Team
- Our strike team consists of 5 members of our medical staff specially trained to handle any austere or hostile environment. Currently our strike team consists of all paramedics, but EMT’s can join as well. This team of people acts as a mobile emergency medical service that lends a hand where ever help is needed. Our strike team has assisted in evacuation of towns, relocating residents to a safe house or shelter, debris and wreckage clean up and provided medical attention to people in need. Our strike team has been deployed four times to major disaster areas from the past three destructive hurricanes; Katrina, Gustav, and Ike. The strike team is also helpful locally waiting on stand-by during the winter, in case of a major snow storm or ice storm. Our strike team is always ready to respond to any immediate emergency locally or nationally.
- Bike Team
- The bike team is primarily designed for use during special events throughout the Region. This team can provide a quick response through an isolated or congested area to assess a patient and treat any medical emergency sooner, instead of waiting for one of our other emergency vehicles to arrive.
- PUC Transports
- Suburban EMS achieved a Public Utility Commission license which allows us to transport patients to social functions, who otherwise cannot be moved by a regular form of transportation. An example of some social functions would be Weddings, Birthday parties, Anniversaries and Graduations.
- Suburban EMS provides tours of our ambulances and stations to local groups and organizations. Along with a tour, our crews will demonstrate how to use the equipment they utilize on the scene, when out on a call. We also provide demonstrations to schools, community events, and health fairs as well.
To set up a tour or demonstration with Suburban EMS please call us at: 610-923-7500.